As of April 22, 2015, FortisBC has launched two programs to help homeowners.
FortisBC Furnace Replacement Program, and the “Give your Furnace/Fireplace some TLC” Program
2015 Appliance Service (Give your furnace/fireplace some TLC)
Incentives and Important Dates
- $25 bill credit or cheque for a furnace/boiler service and $25 for a fireplace service, for a total maximum of $50 max per household
- Service must be completed between April 22, 2015 and September 30, 2015
- Completed applications must be postmarked by midnight September 30, 2015
Fortis BC Furnace Replacement Program
- $800 customer rebate (one per account holder)
- $50 contractor incentive (for each eligible unit sold)
- Pre-Qualification Codes will be available April 22 – July 20, 2015
- Furnace/boiler must be purchased, installed and paid in full between April 22, 2015 and October 31, 2015
- Completed applications must be postmarked by midnight October 31, 2015
Registered mail is recommended
- The furnace being replaced must be an operational non-condensing natural gas furnace/boiler and at least 10 years old
- In order to ensure installation took place during program eligibility dates, we will require the gas installation permit date on application forms.
- Pre-qualification code required, available online or by phone (see below).
The simple pre-qualification process will be used to help customers get their rebate processed more efficiently, reduce declined applications and to have more control on program entrants. Customers must indicate that their furnace/boiler is in working condition, and confirm that they understand other key program terms.
NOTE: The customer must include a valid pre-qualification code with their application form in order to qualify for the rebate. Only customers who pre-qualify will be mailed or emailed application forms. Application forms are not available online.